Allied Mobility are the UK's leading mobility cars specialist and a Motability Premier Partner. Offering uncompromising service and a wide range of vehicles whatever your needs may be.
Follow Accessibility News International on Twitter
Google Lime Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
April 19, 2009
Access to knowledge is our thing. When it comes to higher education for promising scholars, we don’t want anything to stand in the way. That’s why we’re
proud to partner with Lime. Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities. Recipients of the Google Lime Scholarship will receive a scholarship for the 2009–2010 academic
year. Selected students will also be invited to attend the all-expenses-paid retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, CA, in 2010. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and demonstrated passion – $10,000USD for those studying in the US and $5,000CAD for those studying in Canada (based on average tuition costs).
Candidates must be:
- A student entering their junior or senior year of undergraduate study or be enrolled in a graduate program in the 2009–2010 academic year at a university in the United States or Canada (in addition to US and Canada citizens, international students with disabilities studying at universities in the US or Canada are also encouraged to apply)
- Enrolled in a Computer Science or Computer Engineering program, or a closely related technical field as a full-time student for the 2009–2010 academic year
- A person with a disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more activities that others may consider a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists
How To Apply
Candidates will apply online via the Lime online application process, and provide the following:
- Contact and education information
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts
- Answers to essay questions
- Two recommendation letters from a professor, adviser or supervisor
- DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM http://www.limeconnect.com/pdf/GoogleApplication.pdf
- DOWNLOAD FLYER http://www.limeconnect.com/pdf/GoogleLimeScholarshipFlyer.pdf
Application Deadline: June 1, 2009
Visit us at www.google.com/jobs/scholarships for more details.