Woburn, MA, March 13, 2013
Texthelp Inc., provider of award-winning literacy software solutions, today announced the release of iReadWrite for the iPad.
iReadWrite is an easy-to-use reading and writing App that benefits struggling readers and writers of all ages especially those with dyslexia, dysgraphia, or other learning difficulties.
Support features include text-to-speech with dual color highlighting, word prediction, phonetic spell checker, dictionary, and picture dictionary.
iReadWrite runs directly on the iPad with no need for Wi-Fi or 3G access.
Jack Dolan, President of Texthelp Inc., states, “As more schools turn to iPads as an AT device for their students, they have been asking for an iPad App to give them access to the same Read&Write features that they currently use on the PC or Mac.
iReadWrite, at such an affordable price point, now allows even more users who struggle with reading and writing the chance to succeed.”
iReadWrite Features include:
- Text-to-Speech – Reads text aloud with dual-color highlighting.
- Phonetic Spell Checker – Identifies spelling mistakes, including phonetic and flexible spelling errors, using context to provide even better suggestions.
- Similar Sounding and Confusable Word Checker -Identifies words that sound the same as well as words that are easily confused along with alternate choices and definitions.
- Word Prediction – Completes the word being typed and suggests the next word to use using context and the phonetic spell checker to help provide the most appropriate suggestions.
- Text and Picture Dictionary – Provides text definitions as well as images for selected words to help expand vocabulary and improve comprehension.
- Customizable Background and Text Colors – Change the background and text colors based on needs or preferences.
- Choice of Voices and Fonts – Includes a variety of natural-sounding text-to-speech male and female voices and easily-readable fonts including OpenDyslexic.
- Import documents – RTF and TXT documents can be imported into iReadWrite.
- Share Documents – Documents can be shared via email, Facebook, Twitter, or Messages.
Diana Petschauer, ATP, Founder, Assistive Technology for Education LLC., comments, “iReadWrite is an excellent App for students who need writing support! I like the ability to listen to a word in the word prediction before choosing to put it in the document, and the text-to-speech with highlighting is great for self-editing. This is the only App that I have found that has a picture dictionary and reads the definition aloud!”
iReadWrite joins Texthelp’s existing Read&Write solutions for the Desktop (Read&Write Gold for PC and Mac) and the Cloud (Read&Write for Google Docs, Read&Write Web, and eBook Reader for Bookshare). Users can now access the reading and writing support tools they need from whichever platform they choose.
Pricing and Availability
iReadWrite is available now on the Apple App Store at an introductory price of $19.99. For more information, call 888-248-0652, email email@example.com, or visit www.texthelp.com.
About Texthelp Inc.
Texthelp Inc. (www.texthelp.com) provides literacy software solutions for individuals, K-12, higher education, and publishers.
Texthelp’s products include: Read&Write GOLD, Read&Write Web Apps, iReadWrite, Fluency Tutor, and SpeechStream.
Read&Write GOLD is a customizable toolbar for PC and Mac that floats on top of other applications allowing students to access the reading, writing, studying, and research support tools they need from within programs they use every day.
Read&Write Web Apps provide reading, studying, and research support tools in the Cloud to make Google Docs, web pages, and Bookshare eBooks accessible anytime, anywhere.
iReadWrite is an easy-to-use reading and writing App that runs directly on the iPad and includes powerful support features that benefit struggling readers and writers of all ages.
Fluency Tutor is an online solution for developing and measuring oral reading fluency and comprehension.
SpeechStream allow publishers to deliver digital talking eBooks, assessments, and online content with support tools.