ARCH Disability Law Centre wants you to know about the Spotlight on Invisible Disabilities Project.
The Canadian Hard of Hearing Association is leading a national consultation process on the Government of Canada’s proposed federal accessibility legislation. This legislation promises to make Canada more accessible and inclusive of persons with disabilities.
CHHA, with the help of 18 Canadian disability organizations (http://www.chha.ca/chha/spotlight.php#partners), including ARCH, wants to hear how the proposed federal accessibility legislation can achieve improved accessibility and inclusion of Canadians with disabilities.
In particular, CHHA wants to hear from youth, veterans and seniors.
Here are some of the ways your organization and community can participate in the consultation:
- Complete the survey – the deadline is January 15, 2017.
The survey is ready and available to fill out. Go to https://interceptum.com/s/en/spotlight
- Sign up to participate in a webinar:
- Youth – January 25, 2017 at 12:00 pm EST. You can register by going to https://goo.gl/x4xI7o .
- Veterans – February 3, 2017 at 12:00 pm EST. Invitation to follow by January 10th.
- Seniors – February 9, 2017 at 12:00 pm EST. Invitation to follow by January 13th.
- French webinar (general discussion) – February 22, 2017 at 12:00 pm EST.